Move Over Victory is Erupting!
I have been sitting on this project for quite some time, nearly four years to be exact. I am not sure why I was so hesitant to make a move; maybe it was from having my sweet baby boy with vision issues to advancing in my professional endeavors and, of course, the pandemic, and finally, my move from the south to the midwest have all contributed to my hesitancy. Nevertheless, in reality, it was fear, anxiety, and imposter syndrome that held me back. These feelings are familiar, as I have managed to overcome and conceal my challenges throughout my life. As this is my year of MOVE, here I go!
2023 is a significant year for me because it is the year I turn 40. My mantra for the new year is M.O.V.E., which stands for Move Over Victory is Erupting. My goal is to share my knowledge and wisdom while also inspiring a few people along the way to MOVE.
For over 20 years, I used networking to seek out new opportunities and establish genuine relationships. I’m excited to share more about networking, who I am, and my personal journey in real-time.
Here are 5 suggestions for growing your network in the new year 2023:
- Join a professional or auxiliary organization. Consider where your target audience is likely to participate.
- Stay relevant by being active on social media and sharing your accomplishments. Make sure to compliment others as well.
- Seek opportunities for professional development such as leadership classes, conferences, and workshops. Don’t just be a number; get involved to make yourself stand out.
- Plan a monthly coffee or lunch meeting with at least 2-3 people. Virtual connections can also be scheduled.
- Finally, get up, MOVE, and DO SOMETHING. Time will pass regardless; what you do with it is up to you.
– Sherrica D. Hunt