Sherrica D. Hunt Resume
Sherrica D. Hunt, M.B.A, results-driven and strategic-focused with an entrepreneurial passion for inspiring others to invest in communities and themselves. In addition, she has fifteen years of experience assisting national and international corporations, nonprofits, and higher education institutions to generate revenue, increase brand equity, and enhance community relations.
- Business and Donor Development
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development
- Construct Effective Partnerships and Collaborations
- Market Research
- Creative and Innovative Thinker
- Public Speaking
- Grant Proposal Writing
- Budget Management
- Event Planning
- Account Management
- Community Outreach
- Exceptional Networker
Southern Illinois University Foundation, Carbondale, IL (11,000 Students)
Assistant Vice Chancellor of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer.
Serve as the institution’s first role in development designated for diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Support the Vice-Chancellor of diversity, equity, and inclusion to create resources and opportunities for underrepresented students at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with unengaged alums of color and corporate partners.
- Solicit support from alums and corporate entities for diverse fundraising initiatives. Raised over $150K for scholarships and emergency funds.
- Developed the inaugural Saluki Women’s Weekend bringing alums together for enrichment, empowerment, and philanthropy. Raised over $25K to support scholarships and women-focused microgrants across the campus.
- Developed and organized the first Diversity Ascension Awards in St. Louis and Chicago to highlight minority alums who are excelling in their careers and the community,
- Developed and facilitated the She Can Mentorship Program from the office of ADEI. Partnered with the local high school to select six ladies to empower and train through workshops (financial literacy, career discovery, policy formation, and health and wellness) and cultural experiences.
- Serve as coordinator of the Women Leadership Council, a giving circle of the Foundation) to manage the mentorship program and scholarships.
JUNE 2019-JANUARY 2022
Bishop State Community College, Mobile, AL (2,500 Students)
Director of Institutional Advancement
Developed the office of Institutional Advancement, served as Bishop State’s Foundation Chief Operating Director, and oversaw the College’s fundraising and community engagement initiatives.
- Developed and oversaw fundraising strategies, cultivated and managed donor relationships, and solicit contributions and support from industries, corporations, and individuals.
- Served as a member of the President’s Administrative Council.
- Oversaw all functions of the Bishop State Community College Board of Directors: Financial reports, operational budget, events, strategic planning, policy development, and operating procedures.
- Selected to serve as economic development chair for the Alabama Community College Systems ASPIRE 2030 Grant Strategic Planning Committee. Appointed by the President.
- Established the Inaugural College Giving Day. Exceeded goal by 60%.
- Raised $50,000 to develop a food and housing insecurity fund to assist students impacted by the pandemic.
- Organized the Foundation’s first campus food drive and distributed 16,380 lbs of food to students and the community.
- Raised scholarship donations from $23,000 in 2019 to $132,500 in 2021 (ongoing efforts).
- Established a Naming Opportunities Campaign to raise funds to purchase equipment for the two new facilities and raised $730,000 (ongoing campaign).
- Commenced design of the Foundation’s new website and created its first annual report.
- Collaborate across academic divisions to develop and promote diverse educational programs: Spearheaded the creation of GLAM (Girls Learning About Manufacturing) Camp for girls ages 13- 18 to promote gender equity in the manufacturing industry and implemented a food nutritional virtual series with the culinary arts department to demonstrate healthy eating on a budget for students experiencing food insecurities.
- Organized a three-part workshop in collaboration with the Mobile Area Black Chamber of Commerce on the importance of workforce development, soft skills, and community engagement.
- Launched the Foundation Academy to provide quality education, training, and enrichment opportunities that promote, stimulate, and encourage advancement within the College.
- Organized the alumni association and increased alumni giving by +100% and engagement.
- Initiated the inaugural Alumni of the Year and Community Partner of the Year.
JULY 2017-MAY 2019
United Way of Southwest Alabama, Mobile, AL
Vice-President of Resource Development
Accelerated revenue growth for Choctaw, Clarke, Mobile, and Washington counties by overseeing all fundraising initiatives for Corporate Engagement, Major Gifts, Corporate Grants, and Individual Giving.
- Managed a three-person fundraising staff to raise funds for an annual campaign through corporate and major gift solicitations, foundations solicitations, direct mail appeals, affinity groups, donor cultivation events, and sponsorship opportunities, raised $280,000 in new campaign dollars from new accounts, former accounts, and increased giving in the 2018 campaign.
- Oversaw the young leader’s volunteer organization, Emerging Leaders. As a result, participation doubled due to volunteer and networking opportunities.
- Generated and presented the resource development campaign report to the Board of Directors.
- Secured $62,000 in grants from organizations (PNC, BB&T Bank, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Wells Fargo).
- Improved relationships with stakeholders and community by meeting with corporate and community leaders and being active in four local chambers of commerce chapters to maximize fundraising efforts, increase volunteerism, and develop a successful philanthropic experience.
- Worked closely with the CEO to ensure compliance standards and the five-year strategic plan was updated and aligned with the current mission.
- Mentored and trained college interns
MARCH 2016 – APRIL 2017
Jobscan, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Managed business acquisitions, contract negotiations, account management, and revenue generation in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Developed partnerships and supported industry leaders in providing a customized recruitment plan to match clients with top talent.
- Managed clients’ portfolios across large international and global corporations in engineering, architecture, banking, and finance – Secured five international and global clients in six months.
JANUARY 2012 – APRIL 2015
Printing Systems, Atlanta, GA
New Business Specialist
Led a 4-member cross-functional team to develop integrated marketing communication plans and sales strategy processes.
- Established a marketing and communication division for a start-up IT firm.
- Managed company brand by orchestrating the development of presentations, marketing materials, and press releases.
- Presented to high-level executives from companies such as Kellogg’s, Starbucks, Miller Coors, and Chick-Fil-A.
- Identified and participated in philanthropy initiatives in the community, such as the Atlanta Community Food Bank and the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce Education Initiative “Project for a Day.”
- Under my leadership, the company was selected as a finalist for the 2014 Southeastern Software Association Impact Awards and presented as one of the “Top 25 African-American Owned Businesses for 2014” by the Atlanta Tribune Magazine.
- Developed the firm’s summer internship program for high school and college students.
APRIL 2009 – JULY 2010
Toussaint Capital Partners, New York, NY
Cultivated relationships and created presentation materials to increase client connectivity to enhance revenue generation.
- Constructed analytical presentations to demonstrate economic development and presented findings to municipalities- the City of Chicago, the State of California, and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
- Prepared and submitted Request for Proposals/Qualifications: Secured bids for the State of California, Cook County of Illinois, and the City of Chicago municipality accounts, resulting in $1.5 million in revenue.
JULY 2007 – AUGUST 2008
Careerbuilder.com, Atlanta, GA
Proactively identified opportunities to optimize and up-sell clients focused on retention and growth.
- Provided training and technical support to corporate accounts with assets above $3.5 million.
- Averaged a 25% upsell account growth quarterly.
Bachelor of Arts in Biology
Talladega College, Talladega, AL
Master of Business Administration
St. John’s University Tobin College of Business, New York, NY
Professional Certification in Human Resources
New York University, New York, NY
2020 – CURRENT (2024)
Higher Education Administration Doctoral Program
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
Sherrica’s Professional Affiliations
- Leadership Mobile – 2018
- Leadership Alabama Initiative – 2019
- Mobile’s Bay 40 under 40 – Class of 2019
- Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham: Women’s Policy Institute Fellowship – 2021
- St. Louis Focus Women in Leadership Cohort 76 – 2022
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (Member) – 2018 – ongoing
Sherrica’s Volunteer Affiliations
Mobile United – Board of Directors – 2020-2022
- Board Secretary
“Big” Mentor- Big Brother Big Sister of South Alabama – 2019-2022
Focus Women Conference – 2018- 2022
- Planning Committee
Boys and Girls Club of Southern Illinois Board of Directors – 2022
- Resource Development Committee
- School Taskforce Committee
SIU Office of ADEI “She Can High School Mentorship Program” Director – 2022
- Hoytt, K., Hunt, M., S. Hunt, Lovett, A. (2021, February 10). The pandemic doesn’t change the promise:
- Meeting the challenges of the Alabama literacy act. [Conference presentation abstract].
- Alabama Association of Professors of Educational Leaders (AAPEL) Spring Conference.
- Hoytt, K., Hunt, M., S. Hunt, Lovett, A. (2021, February 10). The effects of COVID-19 on student achievement. [Conference presentation abstract]. Alabama Association of Professors of Educational Leaders (AAPEL) Spring Conference.
- Hoytt, K., Hunt, M., S. Hunt, Lovett, A. (2021, February 10). The impact of women leadership in a crisis-COVID-19. [Conference presentation abstract]. Alabama Association of Professors of Educational Leaders.
(AAPEL) Spring Conference
- 2019 Focus Women Conference – Session Speaker – Title (“Perfecting your elevator pitch”)
- Hoytt, K., Hunt, S., & Lovette, A. (2022). Impact of Cultural Responsiveness on Student Achievement in Secondary Schools. The Alabama Journal of Educational Leadership, 9, ISSN 2473-8115. https://www.icpel.org/uploads/1/5/6/2/15622000/ajel_volume_9_2022_final.pdf